WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. If you live in Surrey and birding is your obsession (to get out of bed at some ridiculously early time of the morning, no matter what the weather, to go and look at birds isn't normal behaviour, believe me) and you're still a bit of a novice (like me) then, hopefully, this blog is for you.



Friday 11 November 2011

'SHOW ME THE FUNNY' WINNER PATRICK MONAHAN TOPS REIGATE BILL THIS SUNDAY


OK, so it's not about birding but we could all do with cheering up when days are as grey as today has been.

If you are free and want a thoroughly good evening out this Sunday, come down to Reigate Ex-Servicemen's Club and enjoy a great night of comedy. Topping the bill is none other than ITV's Show Me The Funny winner, Patrick Monahan.

I've seen Patrick a few times now and have got to know him quite well. He's a top bloke, and there's no better comedian on the tour at the moment. If you've seen him on TV you'll know how his impro is second-to-none, particularly how he can create a hilarious comic routine based on his interaction with the audience. He really is not to be missed. And all for tenner.

Show starts: 8pm
Doors open: 7pm
Tickets: £10

Venue: Reigate Ex Service and social club
1 Chartfield Rd, Reigate RH2 7JZ

www.rexs.org.uk

On the birding front, I have very little to report, only that I've been out on a few late afternoon sojourns and manage to see very little. I can't find a Hen Harrier at Thursley Common to save my life, but got some nice photos of the sun coming down and the moon rising up over the Common.



I wanted to get to Staines Reservoir very early this morning to try to locate a Short-eared Owl. Bob Warden had gone up to the reservoir very early yesterday morning - it was still dark - on the off-chance he might see a decent Gull roosting as it got lighter. He didn't manage that but he did see the Short-eared Owl quartering up and down the banking along the causeway at about 6.10am. One had also been seen the morning before at about 8.30am.

As it was, I stayed in bed. Probably for the best, work is manic at the moment so I can't afford to slope off.

No comments:

Post a Comment