WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. If you live in Surrey and birding is your obsession (to get out of bed at some ridiculously early time of the morning, no matter what the weather, to go and look at birds isn't normal behaviour, believe me) and you're still a bit of a novice (like me) then, hopefully, this blog is for you.



Wednesday 26 May 2010

A NIGHTINGALE ENCORE

I had another attempt at finding a Marsh Tit today but again drew a blank. It helped that I was looking in the right place this time. On the last occasion I went on a Marsh Tit hunt I thought I was wandering around Ranmore Common when, in fact, I wasn't.

This time round Annie and I were in the right location but I couldn't find one. I did find two more Spotted Flycatchers in the pine trees, though - which was good - plus a Nuthatch and a few Coal Tits. After about an hour we gave up.

Next stop was Bookham Common, which is becoming one of my favourite haunts. It's just a nice place to go for a walk. I wanted to take Annie to hear the Nightingales in Little Bookham Common, and they didn't let me down. I heard three birds and got a pretty good sighting (for a Nightingale) of one of them actually singing in the dense scrub.

What was wonderful about the late afternoon at Little Bookham was the amount of birdsong on offer - it was bedlam out there! A few blogs back I put up a brief recording of a Nightingale singing and, seeing as I like the song so much, I thought I'd upload another one from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment